top of page

Practice Areas

The following are just a few of the areas where we have experience:


Tax planning and compliance in the following areas:

  • Individuals

  • Corporations - C & S Corporations

  • Partnerships & Limited Liability Companies

  • Trusts & Estates

  • Payroll compliance



When it comes to QuickBooks, there has not been a question that I could not answer or a problem that I could not solve for a client.

When working with QuickBooks, one must keep in mind that Intuit, the makers of QuickBooks, makes a lot of money from their payroll services (tax tables, direct deposit, etc) and check printing.  If you are a small business, I can show you how to do payroll yourself - regardless of the error messages presented by QuickBooks.


There are a number of check printing companies that do an excellent job with checks for a lot less money!!

QuickBooks is a fine product and I can show you how to get the most out of it at the least cost.

Small Business


The entrepreneur with a good, money-making business idea probably doesn't have a clue how to start a new business and comply with the myriad of local, state and federal laws.  Not only that, they probably don't want to know how to comply with these laws ... but they need to otherwise their money-making dream may quickly become a nightmare.


In just a few hours we can get the entrepreneur up and running with his or her new business.



If you have employees - or maybe independent contractors that should be classified as employees - you want to make sure you pay, withhold and remit payroll tax properly and then file the payroll tax returns timely and accurately.


Click here for an overview of payroll tax filing.  If you need help, please contact me.  Because of the magnitude of the potential penalties involved, this is not an area where you want to simply "wing it."

Options Taxation


Tax planning and compliance in the following areas:

  • Form 8949, Schedule D preparation

  • Schedule C, Form 4797 preparation

  • Investor vs Trader determination

  • Mark-to-Market calculation

  • Form 6781 preparation

  • IRS representation


See my accompanying website:

for more information regarding options tax issues.

Entity Selection

So you want to start your own business.  Or maybe you already have a business but you want to take better advantage of the tax and liability benefits afforded by forming another type of entity, i.e., a corporation, partnership or limited liability company.

One rule of thumb I like to use ... look in the yellow pages and see how the attorneys and CPA's are listed.  Are they LP's, LLP's, LLC's, Corporations or something else? That is where you want to start because they will be formed to take full advantage of any liability protection and tax benefits available.

If you need help with the selection process and need to know the distinctions of each, click here for an overview.  Once you decide or have further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Microsoft Excel/Access

An accounting system does not contain all the financial information necessary for a company.  Some information is more suitable to a spreadsheet or database format that supports the accounting system data.  


With this in mind, I also have extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Excel, Access and developing VBA procedures for each.


I encourage the use of Excel and Access as supplements to the accounting system and can assist you in the development of supplementary financial systems.

IRS Representation


Have you ever received a letter from the IRS and cold sweat began pouring down your forehead?


Based on my experience, the IRS is wrong about 75% of the time and the notice is easily addressed with a couple hours or less of research and correspondence.  The important thing is, don't ignore the letter because it will only get worse if you do.  Also, contrary to the ads on television and radio, the IRS does not run “special settlement offers.”

If you have an issue with the IRS there are a number of strategies to follow, but you will need a CPA or attorney to represent you.  Don't place your hope on a television advertisement promising to settle your claim for "pennies on the dollar" ... get a professional.  Those advertisements only apply to about ten percent of tax delinquencies.

bottom of page